A total of 13 Gaelic programmes have been nominated from BBC ALBA and BBC Radio nan Gàidheal for the 2019 Celtic Media Festival awards.
Among the BBC ALBA nominations were Sùlaisgeir: An t-Sealg, Gaol is Call and Bannan.
BBC Radio nan Gàidheal has also been nominated for station of the year, whilst programmes including Tormod – An Oiteag Uidhisteach and Frances: Ceum air Cheum are shortlisted for awards.
Donald Campbell, MG ALBA Chief Executive, said: “With the festival returning to Scotland again, 40 years after the first festival in Benbecula, it’s great to see so many Gaelic programmes on the shortlist – proving how successful we’ve been in the past year – the tenth anniversary year of BBC ALBA.”
The Celtic Media Festival this year takes place in Aviemore from 4-6 June.
The BBC ALBA programmes which have been shortlisted in 2019 are:
Leugh le Linda: Là Mòr na Glaodhaich (Produced by BBC Gàidhlig)
Bannan (Produced by Young Films)
An Drochaid (Produced by MacTV)
Sùlaisgeir: An t-Sealg (Produced by MacTV)
Call air Cladach Ìle (Produced by Caledonia)
Gaol is Call (Produced by HG Productions)
In addition to its nomination in the Radio Station of the Year category, BBC Radio nan Gàidheal also has a number of programmes shortlisted across radio categories:
- • Ciorramach (Prògram-aithris Rèidio)
- • Frances: Ceum air Cheum (Prògram-aithris Rèidio)
- • Tormod – An Oiteag Uidhisteach (Prògram-aithris Rèidio)
- • Beag air Bheag: Runrig (Prògram Iriseach Rèidio)
- • Mac ‘Ille Mhìcheil: Kris Krisofferson Special (Prògram Ciùil Rèidio (Beò))
- • Rapal: Belladrum 2018 (Prògram Ciùil Rèidio (Beò)
- • Spòrs na Seachdain (Prògram Spòrs Rèidio)