Gaelic media, like all other media, is undergoing significant change. This is both challenging and energising.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced digital marketing professional to join the Digital Hub team at MG ALBA in the role of Digital Producer (YouTube). Please note that this role is fixed term maternity leave cover. Based within our Digital Hub Team, the postholder will contribute significantly to BBC ALBA digital output, through defined workflows, working alongside Assistant Commissioner – Digital, Digital Media Officer, Digital Producers and other colleagues to manage BBC ALBA’s presence on YouTube. The post is flexibly worked in line with our Agile Working Policy.
Our ideal applicant will possess these core qualities:
• Willingness to be part of a busy and dynamic team
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Be motivated and a self-starter
• Strong influencing and analytical skills
• Excellent understanding of YouTube as a digital channel to enable development and maintenance of a strong digital media presence for the BBC YouTube audience
• Willingness to commit to learning on the job, supported by professional development and external qualifications
The Digital Producer (YouTube) will report to the Assistant Commissioner, Digital. Core elements of the role include:
• Creating and publishing content on BBC ALBA’s YouTube channel
• Co-ordinating & implementing production workflow for YouTube
• Forward planning and scheduling of YouTube content
• Clearing permissions/rights for content alongside Business Affairs team
• Curating and producing ‘finished product’ for distribution on YouTube
• Liaising with editors/operations team to produce finished product
• Ensuring editorial compliance of all content alongside Assistant Commissioner – Digital and Service Editor
• Participation in weekly social media content scheduling team meetings
• Monthly review of platform analytics and metrics and reporting to the team
• Provision of holiday cover within the team, knowledge of all social media channels
MAIN TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT SUMMARY
12 Month Maternity Cover
£26,795-£30,848 per annum
25 days + 12 days public holiday
Defined Contribution Pension Scheme, MG ALBA contributes 10% of the basic annual salary, rising to 15% if the employee makes a contribution of 5%
Death in Service
4 x Annual Salary
To encourage healthy lifestyles we offer a paid gym membership. We have family friendly & flexible working practices and offer a cycle to work scheme
Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
Up to two years’ service 1-month full pay and 1 month half pay, in a rolling 12-month period
After 2 years’ service 2 months’ full pay/2 months’ half pay in a rolling 12-month period
After 3 to 4 years’ service 3 months’ full pay/3 months’ half pay in a rolling 12-month period
After 5 years’ service 4 months’ full pay/4 months’ half pay in a rolling 12-month period
Learning & Development
Each employee is required to have a Learning and Development plan which will enable them to become more effective in their job and fulfill their annual job objectives. Professional qualifications are encouraged.
Gaelic is the working language of MG ALBA. This post requires a strong level of proficiency in the language. Support will be given to all candidates who wish to further develop their engagement with Gaelic.
For an informal discussion about any aspect of this role please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will arrange for a call at a mutually convenient time.
Interested? Next Steps
Please refer to the Job Application Pack.
To apply, please submit a covering letter and your CV detailing your skills, knowledge and capabilities, paying particular attention to the Person Specification. We welcome hearing about your competency and experiences from both employed and voluntary roles. If you would like an informal discussion on the role and the opportunity, please contact Claire Macleod, HR Adviser on email@example.com and we will arrange for a call at a mutually convenient time.
Formal applications should be submitted by 12pm Friday 8 April 2022 to Claire Macleod, HR Advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org. To apply, please submit your current CV and let us know by letter what motivates and interests you about the role and working for MG ALBA.
Informal enquiries can be made to Claire Macleod at email@example.com. Please get in touch if you would like to arrange a confidential chat about the opportunity.
We will send confirmation of receipt of your application by Monday 11 January 2022.
Interviews will be held on Monday 25 April 2022 by Teams Meeting calls.