Grade C3, £28,846-£34,250
Permanent post, 37 hours a week,
based Glasgow or Stornoway (agile working available)
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and ambitious person to join the communications team at MG ALBA in the role of Corporate Engagement Officer. The postholder will raise the visibility of MG ALBA’s brand, projects, outcomes, and ambitions, driving our interactions with colleagues and stakeholders, telling the story of MG ALBA in new and effective ways. Experience of broadcasting is not essential, and personal training and development will be integral to the role.
Who are we?
MG ALBA and the BBC deliver the Gaelic video service BBC ALBA and, in partnership with Sabhal Mòr Ostaig and supported by Bòrd na Gàidhlig, LearnGaelic and SpeakGaelic. We are also responsible for FilmG, which is delivered by a digital media partner on our behalf. We are funded by the Scottish Government and overseen by Ofcom.
Our 22/23 Operational Plan provides important information about our aims and outcomes for this year.
Where are we?
We have offices in Stornoway and Glasgow. The post can be based at either location and agile working is available.
Other interesting information about working for MG ALBA
- Nominated as one of the best places to work in broadcasting in the UK for the past eight years
- Investors in People (Platinum), We Invest in Wellbeing (Gold) & Investors in Young People (Gold)
- We offer 31 days annual leave + 6 days public holidays
- We pay 10% to a pension scheme for you, and add 5% if you match it
- To encourage healthy lifestyles we offer gym membership
- We have family-friendly & flexible working practices and offer a cycle to work scheme
Interested? Next Steps
Please refer to the job application pack here. To apply, please submit your current CV and let us know by letter what motivates and interests you about the role and working for MG ALBA.
Closing date: Friday 19 May 2023, 12pm
Informal enquiries can be made to email@example.com. Please get in touch if you would like to arrange a confidential and informal chat about the post. Interviews will be held on Thursday 25 May 2023.