Gaelic media, like all other media, is undergoing significant change. This is both challenging and energising.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced marketing / events professional to join the Communications Team at MG ALBA in the role of Corporate Communications Officer. Based within our Stornoway office, the postholder will contribute significantly to the delivery of corporate communications strategy alongside the Director of Strategy & External Affairs and supporting the Chief Executive, MG ALBA senior management, MG ALBA Board and across the wider MG ALBA teams.
Our ideal applicant will possess these core qualities:
• Relevant qualifications and/ or experience in media or communications
• Willingness to be part of a busy and dynamic team
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Be motivated and a self-starter
• Strong influencing and analytical skills
• Willingness to commit to learning on the job, supported by professional development and external qualifications
The Corporate Communications Officer will report to the Director of Strategy & External Affairs. Core elements of the role include:
• Manage and, with Director of Strategy & External Affairs, colleagues and partners, implement the corporate communications strategy
• Departmental support for the Director of Strategy & External Affairs
• Co-ordinate and ensure delivery of Gaelic media promotional materials as appropriate
• Create high quality written materials for web, social media, print, Annual Report etc.
• Prepare presentations and briefings for CEO and directors
• Build up a productive network of contacts, creating frequent opportunities for self, CEO and/or directors to engage with external influencers
• Deliver monthly progress reports against agreed objectives
• Create/manage an effective software solution for relationship management
• Update and automate existing communication systems
• Undertake stakeholder engagement with schools, students and visitors to MG ALBA
• Co-ordinate strategic projects for MG ALBA where required
MAIN TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT SUMMARY
£26,795-£30,848 per annum
25 days + 12 days public holiday
Defined Contribution Pension Scheme, MG ALBA contributes 10% of the basic annual salary, rising to 15% if the employee makes a contribution of 5%
Death in Service
4 x Annual Salary
To encourage healthy lifestyles we offer a paid gym membership. We have family friendly & flexible working practices and offer a cycle to work scheme
Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
Up to two years’ service 1-month full pay and 1 month half pay, in a rolling 12-month period
After 2 years’ service 2 months’ full pay/2 months’ half pay in a rolling 12-month period
After 3 to 4 years’ service 3 months’ full pay/3 months’ half pay in a rolling 12-month period
After 5 years’ service 4 months’ full pay/4 months’ half pay in a rolling 12-month period
Learning & Development
Each employee is required to have a Learning and Development plan which will enable them to become more effective in their job and fulfill their annual job objectives. Professional qualifications are encouraged.
Gaelic is the working language of MG ALBA. This post requires a strong level of proficiency in the language. Support will be given to all candidates who wish to further develop their engagement with Gaelic.
For an informal discussion about any aspect of this role please contact email@example.com and we will arrange for a call at a mutually convenient time.
Interested? Next Steps
Please refer to the Job Application Pack.
To apply, please submit a covering letter and your CV detailing your skills, knowledge and capabilities, paying particular attention to the Person Specification. We welcome hearing about your competency and experiences from both employed and voluntary roles. If you would like an informal discussion on the role and the opportunity, please contact Claire Macleod, HR Adviser on firstname.lastname@example.org and we will arrange for a call at a mutually convenient time.
Formal applications should be submitted by 12pm Friday 8 April 2022 to Claire Macleod, HR Advisor at email@example.com. To apply, please submit your current CV and let us know by letter what motivates and interests you about the role and working for MG ALBA.
Informal enquiries can be made to Claire Macleod at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please get in touch if you would like to arrange a confidential chat about the opportunity.
We will send confirmation of receipt of your application by Monday 11 April 2022.
Interviews will be held on Friday 17 April 2022 at MG ALBA’s Stornoway Office.