Grade E, Market rate salary commensurate with experience
Permanent post, 37 hours a week, based Glasgow or Stornoway (agile working available)
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced content commissioner or producer to join the Content Team at MG ALBA in the role of Commissioner. We would love to speak with you if you have senior broadcast industry experience, the ability to build and maintain first class working relationships within MG ALBA, BBC ALBA and production companies, and our external partners and would like to be part of our busy and growing team.
Who are we?
MG ALBA, Scotland’s Gaelic Media Service, operates the Gaelic television channel BBC ALBA in partnership with the BBC. We are also responsible for FilmG, in collaboration with Astar Media, and we deliver LearnGaelic and SpeakGaelic in partnership with the BBC and Sabhal Mòr Ostaig, supported by Bòrd na Gàidhlig and Bòrd na Ceiltis (Alba). We are funded by the Scottish Government and overseen by Ofcom.
Our 22/23 Operational Plan provides important information about our aims and outcomes for this year.
Where are we?
We have offices in Stornoway and Glasgow. The post can be based at either location and agile working is available.
Other interesting information about working for MG ALBA
- Nominated as one of the best places to work in broadcasting in the UK for the past eight years
- Investors in People (Platinum), We Invest in Wellbeing (Gold) & Investors in Young People (Gold)
- We offer 31 days annual leave + 6 days public holidays
- We pay 10% to a pension scheme for you, and add 5% if you match it
- To encourage healthy lifestyles we offer gym membership
- We have family-friendly & flexible working practices and offer a cycle to work scheme
Interested? Next Steps
Please refer to the job application pack here . To apply, please submit your current CV and let us know by letter what motivates and interests you about the role and working for MG ALBA.
Closing date: Wednesday 8 March 2023, 12pm
Informal enquiries can be made to email@example.com. Please get in touch if you would like to arrange a confidential and informal chat about the post. Interviews will be held on 15/16 March 2023.