SpeakGaelic is a multiplatform Gaelic learning initiative being delivered by a partnership of MG ALBA, Sabhal Mòr Ostaig and the BBC. It comprises learning materials for classroom delivery, complementary media content and website content for self-guided learning. Each of the elements are based on a curriculum developed by the project academic partner, Sabhal Mòr Ostaig, which is based on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages. SpeakGaelic will cover A1, A2, B1 and B2. A1 was launched in October 2021.
As well as managing the project as a whole, MG ALBA is responsible for producing the online learning content and the social media content.
This offer is for a contract for services for provision of the A2 content for self-guided learning for the SpeakGaelic website. This content will:
- use the structures and formats already established for the A1 website content for self-guided learning; and
- be based on the curriculum for SpeakGaelic A2 developed by Sabhal Mòr Ostaig. This aspect will be subject to independent verification.
- c500 web-pages of A2 website content for self-guided learning based on the SpeakGaelic A2 curriculum; based on 11 lessons (two of the thirteen A2 lessons are already done)
- Format: can be delivered in Word (or other text format)
- Weekly delivery of website content for each lesson such that proofing and verification can be undertaken with all material delivered, proofed, verified and inputted by 25/2/22. (Proofing, verification and website inputting will be managed by MG ALBA).
- Cost for services: £15,000.
- Deadline for submission of tender: Monday 6 December 2021 5pm
- Decision by: Friday 10 December 2021. Decision may be informed by interview with providers w/c 6/12/21
- Start date: immediately on appointment
1. 50% demonstrable Gaelic ability (preferably certified e.g. teaching certification or other; including GOC adoption)
2. 15% proven ability to write engaging copy
3. 15% proven ability to work in a multi-partner team environment where the partnership needs come first
4. 10% proven ability to take direction in order to meet partnership outcomes
5. 10% proven ability to meet deadlines
Guidance for submission
Your submission should not exceed three pages and should include a brief but tailored CV addressing the decision criteria. Examples of previous work may be attached.
Your submission should be sent to SpeakGaelic@mgalba.com by email to arrive no later than 5pm on Monday 6 December 2021.
Quality thresholds and a detailed timetable for weekly delivery will be agreed prior to contract commencement. Weekly deliveries will be subject to proofing and verification.